First Interactive Display at the Club
This project began with the need to post the latest membership updates on a board in the lobby of the cosmos Club. These postings are required by the bylaws of the club and traditionally they were printed and posted in the membership office. At one point, the membership office of the club was on the first floor near the main entrance, since then it has moved to the third floor of an annexed building. There were complaints that the list was no longer available.
The general manager asked if there was a way of adding the list to an existing display we had. That version only listed events and had no interactivity. This seemed like an opportunity to create something helpful for both the members and the staff.
There were a few requirements:
- It had to be easy for the Membership Manager to update
- The management did not want this list posted on the website, even the private area that required member login.
- There was no applicant tracking platform and no API with the existing membership system. This list was being compiled manually by the membership manager in Microsoft Word then converted to .pdf.
After exploring several possible solutions and speaking to the front desk staff about some of their needs, I concluded that perhaps we should create an interactive display that listed all of the information and provided other helpful tools to members.
It took approximately two weeks over the summer but I designed and developed this small application to run on a 42” touch screen and mounted it in the lobby.
Here are some of its functionality and features:
- When not in use, it displays a slideshow of featured activities and events
- Current Date/TimeClub Event Calendar – Updated automatically from website query
- Today’s events – Updated automatically from website query
- Membership postings – Proposals for membership, New members, Reinstated members, Foreign Visitor membership
- Club announcements – Updated from website announcements
- Google map of location and nearby – for hotel guests and visitors who are seeking information on restaurants, pharmacies etc. Front desk requested this feature as it would be help orienting walk ins away from front desk lines.
The application was built in way where all the Membership Manager needs to do is save the word file as html to a secured drive on out network and the listing is displayed. This seems like a nice solution where the importance is placed on keeping the existing business process unmodified. Each function slides into full screen when the user selects an option from the top or home menus.
Recent Posts from the Graduate Series:
- The Shenandoah Valley Report – Content Strategy Final Project - Module 7 - Content Strategy with Professor Phillip Simon Delivering on an RFP. In this post, I am sharing my…
- STOP LYING: Ethics and Enablers. - Module 4 - Content Strategy with Professor Phillip Simon Should “enablers”, those who conceive, perpetuate and expedite unethical communications, lies,…
- Broad Strokes for Belfast – Content Strategy - Module 3 - Content Strategy with Professor Phillip Simon Determining A Strategy This week we produced a content analysis to…
- Performing A Content Audit & Analysis - Module 2, Part 1 - Content Strategy with Professor Phillip Simon Really Getting to Know Your Client This week we…
- Clearing Up Content Concepts - Module 2, Part 2 - Content Strategy with Professor Phillip Simon This week, we are going to take a moment…
- My personal relationship with content - Module 1, Part 3 - Content Strategy with Professor Phillip Simon Two-Fold After giving my own relationship with content some…